Ruby is also called Manikya. Ruby is one of the costliest gemstones. It is a of pinkished red colored. It generally occurs in crystal of six sided prism. It is hot gem stone and repersent the planet Sun. It should be worn in gold in the third or ring finger of right hand on Sunday. It is used to enhance the powers of the Sun.
One wearing a ruby stone enjoys great wealth and property and is blessed with children. He can never be unsuccessful. He becomes fearless, and is protected from any mishappenings, sorrow and disasters. The wearer also becomes a strong person as his will power increases and his spirit is also strengthened. He is respected whereever he/she goes.
On the other hand brittled, cracked, blemished and defective Ruby, or one with a black hue brings troubles for the wearer. If the stone is dull, the wearer's brother gets into distress. Double colored ruby causes distress to the native and his father. The stone with a red sign causes quarrels and disputes. The gemstone with four spots or signs creates fear from wounds and weapons. If ruby is dusty coloured it causes stomach disorders and childlessness. If there is a depression on the stone, the wearer suffers from ill health and loses vitality and stamina. If the ruby is inflicted with many flaws it may even bring death. It is also believed that if the stone loses its color, the wearer is about to become the victim of some distress or disaster. It regains its color when the trouble is averted or over.
The sun, the surya is the central focal point in the solar system as is the Thalamus in our body. All activity in the solar system revolves around the sun. In our Physiology, all activity is controlled and ordered by the thalamus. The positive influences of Surya protects one from any physical harm or illness in our daily life. It is also considered as a symbol of royalty, it was believed that as long as a piece of ruby was around, wealth would be too.
Qualities of Ruby
1. The Ruby, which emits red rays in the sunlight, is considered as a superior quality gemstone.
2. Gemstone is considered to be of superior quailty if it glows in dark.
3. Any Ruby when rubbed on a stone and the stone shows signs of rubbing and also the Ruby does not lose its weight, it is considered to be of a superior quality.
Flaws of Ruby
1. Gemstone may be silky.
2. Gemstone may be dull, that is devoid of brilliance and luster.
3. Gemstone may display an ambiguity of colors.
4. Gemstone may be brittle or with cracks.
5. There may be lack of water in it.
6. There may be some cracks in its texture.
7. The ruby may be smoky.
8. The ruby may be dirty or filthy.
9. Gemstone may have some haze on its surface.