Emerald is Velvety green in color, also known as Panna. Gemstone is a hot gem stone and represents the planet Mercury. It should be worn in gold on the fourth finger of right hand on Wednesday. It is more effective if it is radiant and smooth and has no spots or dots or cracks.
Most of the Emeralds have cracks which reduces their value.
It is very difficult to find a perfect Emerald. Emerald harmonizes and strengthens the positive influences of Budha or mercury. It increases intelligence and brain power. It improves faculties related to brain such as memory, communication, intuition, the intellect and the ability to learn. It makes a person more confident. His speech and communication skills also improves. It is advised that newly wed couples should not wear this because it impairs conjugal happiness due to reduction in sexual desires. Emerald helps to lift depression. Emerald saves a person from troubles, increases power of faculty, gives mental peace, pacifies the anger and increases eye sight. It keeps a person healthy and provide piece of mind to the wearer. It helps to fight with the ill effects of mercury. Pregnant ladies should wear them to have safe and painless delivery. It is also considered good for the eyesight.
Qualities of Emerald:
1. The Emerald, which emits bright rays, is considered as a superior quality gemstone.
2. Gemstone is considered to be of superior quailty if it smooth and transparent.
Flaws of Emerald:
1. Gemstone may not be bright enough.
2. Gemstone may have dull color.
3. Gemstone may be without any luster.
4. Gemstone may have cracks.
5. Gemstone may have spots or dots.