Hassonite, also known as Gomed, is normally reddish-chocolate in color. It is cold gem stone and is for Rahu. It should be worn in silver on the second finger of right hand on saturday. Rahu is supposed to be responsible for all sorts of delays or very late fulfillment of ambitions. This stone helps in achieving speedy success. In other words
rahu is considered as the 'Head of dragons'. It also increase appetite, vitality, confers good health, wealth, happiness and all sound prosperity. It also helps the wearer in their professional development. It improves the financial status of the wearer. It provide good health and happiness to the person who is wearing it.
Gomed is highly recommended for those involved in active politics or those having Rahu in their tenth house in the natal chart. It is best for those suffering from allergies, skin disorder, piles, epilepsy, infection of eyes, cold, sinus infection, fatigue, insomnia, BP. it also provide safety and protection from deadliest of enemies. Gomed bestows health, wealth and prosperity to its owner. A blemished gemstone is harmful for the wearer. The red coloured gomedha is injurious to health and one having a mixture of mica is destroyer of wealth.
Qualities of Gomed
1. Gemstone is transparent.
2. Gemstone is of good color.
3. Gemstone gives luster and radiance.
Flaws of Gomed
1. Gemstone may have a light blackish hue.
2. Gemstone may be without radiance.
3. Gemstone may be full of layers
4. Gemstone may be a yellow piece of glass.
2. Gemstone may have more than one shade of color.
3. Gemstone may be blemished.
4. Gemstone may be of red color.